Re: [Evolution] Feature request: IMAP-before-SMTP

In the Sending mail options for an account, one of the authentication
methods is Pop-before-smtp. I have Courier-IMAP set up on my server, and
use the pop-before-smtp Perl script to authenticate mail users. It's set
to find valid IMAP logins (as well as POP) and add the corresponding IP
address to a sender access table for Postfix.

Postfix supports SMTP auth. Use that. POP-before-SMTP is a kludge for
pre-SMTP-auth servers.

-- Dan