[Evolution] Feature request: Pop-before-IMAP

Hello, all,

I'm using Evolution on Mandrake 9.1, and like it a lot. However, I've
run across something a bit silly...

In the Sending mail options for an account, one of the authentication
methods is Pop-before-smtp. I have Courier-IMAP set up on my server, and
use the pop-before-smtp Perl script to authenticate mail users. It's set
to find valid IMAP logins (as well as POP) and add the corresponding IP
address to a sender access table for Postfix.

However, if I turn on this option in Evolution, I get a message saying
that the mail account is not a POP type of account. (True...)

If I leave it unchecked, Evolution never logs back into the server, so
after a half an hour, I can no longer send mail from my remote location
without stopping and restarting Evolution.

Any chance of changing this behavior? All that's necessary is a new IMAP
login before sending mail...

Cheers,
--
John Locke