Re: [Evolution] Evolution takes ages to start up

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 17:45, Paul Luchkow wrote:

When I start Evolution I get a splash screen which is greyed out (like a
menue choice that is not available to me) which stays put for a very
long time (in excess of 3 MINUTES!). Then icons on the bottom of the
splash start rapidly popping up as the program is started and then I
seem to be able to use it with little problem.

Paul,
   Do you have any other problems where Internet access takes extra
time?

   Do you run your own email server anywhere in your delivery path?

   Maybe provide some configuration data - network IP addresses, etc. to
discuss a bit.

   Evolution comes up and gets mail for me in about 15 seconds, so I
know it doesn't need to be that slow.

Cheers,
Mark