[Evolution] Strange cut and paste behavior

I've run across a strange annoyance when cutting and pasting between an
Evolution e-mail message and a Galeon browser and I'm not sure where the
culprit is.  Maybe someone here can see where this behavior is
originating.

I can usually cut and paste (highlight & middle mouse click) the source
of spam I've received into SpamCop's submission form at their website,
which I access via Galeon.  Whenever I get a message whose source is
over a certain size I can no longer paste it into the form with a middle
mouse click.  What I've had to do is open up an editor (I use nedit),
paste the selection in there with a middle mouse click (that works),
then I re-select it in nedit (Ctl-A), copy it into the cut-buffer
(Ctl-C), only then can I paste it into the SpamCop form (with middle
mouse click).  It's definitely based on size of highlighted text, as
smaller selections always work, and larger selections always fail.  I
haven't experimented yet to find the exact tipping point between
"small" and "large".

Distribution is RedHat 8.0, desktop is Gnome, WM is metacity, evolution
is 1.2.4, galeon is 1.2.6, list of installed Ximian RPMS is

        ORBit-0.5.16-1.ximian.1
        aspell-0.50.3-1.ximian.2
        aspell-en-0.50.2-1.ximian.2
        bonobo-1.0.21-1.ximian.1
        bonobo-conf-0.16-1.ximian.1
        esound-0.2.28-1.ximian.1
        evolution-1.2.4-0.ximian.1
        evolution-pilot-1.2.4-0.ximian.1
        galeon-1.2.6-1.ximian.1
        gnome-pilot-0.1.71-0.ximian.1
        gnome-pilot-conduits-0.10-1.ximian.1
        gnome-print-0.37-8.ximian.1
        gnome-spell-0.6-1.ximian.1
        gnome-vfs-1.0.5-6.ximian.1
        gtk-engines-0.12-1.ximian.10
        gtkhtml1.1-1.1.10-0.ximian.3
        libbonobo-conf0-0.16-1.ximian.1
        libgal21-0.23-1.80.ximian.1
        libgal23-0.24-1.80.ximian.1
        libgnomeprint15-0.37-8.ximian.1
        libgtkhtml1.1-3-1.1.10-0.ximian.3
        libgtkhtml20-1.0.4-6.ximian.1
        libredcarpet-1.4.0-1.ximian.2
        libredcarpet-tools-1.4.0-1.ximian.2
        oaf-0.6.10-1.ximian.2
        pilot-link-0.11.5-4.ximian.1
        rc-1.4.0-1.ximian.1
        rcd-1.4.0-1.ximian.2
        rcd-autopull-1.4.0-1.ximian.2
        rcd-devel-1.4.0-1.ximian.2
        rcd-mp-client-1.2.0-1.ximian.1
        rcd-mp-middleman-1.2.0-1.ximian.1
        red-carpet-1.4.3-1.ximian.4
        soup-0.7.11-1.ximian.1
        xscreensaver-4.05-1.ximian.1

Any idea what's going on here?

--
 Norman Joseph, Systems Engineer           joseph ctcgsc org      IC|XC
 Concurrent Technologies Corporation         814/269.2633         --+--

  ***  Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle  ***