Re: [Evolution] Send Later icon and copying text from an email

1) When writing an email is there a way of replacing or inserting a send
later icon in the top icon bar and not having to click File    Send
Later.

Doh -- just started hacking xml files to accomplish this -- as I
suddenly had to realize, there is no such thing as 'File / Send later'
in Evo 1.2.4.

If you would have asked for an action already in the menu -- then yes.

FWIW: Maybe in your 1.0.8 version, but not in current versions.

I do not have sendmail installed.

I only have a dialup line for accessing emails - if I'm online and
compose an email them click the send icon the email is sent. So that
works fine, but I write the vast majority of emails off line as I think
the vast majority of individuals do.

Isn't that what offline mode is for?

In Evo 1.2.x use menu 'File / Work Offline' or just use the little icon
on the very bottom, left in the Evo window. When working offline, mails
are automatically spooled in Outbox until you get online again.

2) When reading an email and I highlight a certain part of it there is
no copy option to copy the selected text and also to create a new email
and paste that text into it. My program is setup for preview mode and I
press enter to read emails.

Yep. No question though...

I assume, you do think this is a missing feature? AFAIK you are not
alone and it is likely already filed in bugzilla. Although I don't
expect it to be targeted before 1.4 is out.

You can always use the default way: Mark the text you want to be copied
and click the middle mouse button in an editor -- pasted.

I am using Evolution 1.0.8 and love it, the contacts part is really great
- for the first time I understand what contacts are all about.

What holds you off from updating? ;-)

...guenther