Re: [Evolution] Proxies

I got a follow-up from Christoph Lehmann.  It was sent to me rather than the list, but given that there wasn't anything personal in it, I don't see any reason not to share its contents:

what I did:

(making Evolution work with the proxy
enviroment)

1. Set up proxy in \Preferences\Network Proxy.
2. Follow the instructions from the Ximian Evolution manual, by manually
entering the data, ie. using /usr/bin/gconftool-2. (commands see in the
help)
3. This is where the hickup was: Open \System Tools\More System
Tools\Configuration Editor.
        a) Go to "system\http_proxy": "use-http-proxy" must be checked;
        I bet it wasn't, it seem to be a bug.
        b) Check out "system\gnome-vfs": there should be
        "use-http-proxy" checked.

works fine..

cheers
christoph

I tried that and got it to work, eventually.  I'd done a bunch of things with gconftool-1, gconftool-2, gconf-edit, etc. and I'm not entirely sure what is both necessary and sufficient to get this to work.  Hopefully once 1.4 is out, it will be simpler to get this working on Red Hat 9.

-Mark Gordon