Re: [Evolution] Proxies

Thanks for that Mark (and Christoph), i had exactly
the same problem as you - "use-http-proxy" unchecked.
It appears that the gconftool-X path doesn't set this
properly.

On another note does anyone know where i can get RPM's
for RH9 of later versions of Evolution. RH9 ships with
1.2.2

 --- Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com> wrote: > I got
a follow-up from Christoph Lehmann.  It was
sent to me rather than
the list, but given that there wasn't anything
personal in it, I don't
see any reason not to share its contents:

        what I did:

        (making Evolution work with the proxy
        enviroment)

        1. Set up proxy in \Preferences\Network
Proxy.
        2. Follow the instructions from the Ximian
Evolution manual, by
        manually
        entering the data, ie. using
/usr/bin/gconftool-2. (commands see
        in the
        help)
        3. This is where the hickup was: Open
\System Tools\More System
        Tools\Configuration Editor.
                a) Go to "system\http_proxy":
"use-http-proxy" must be
        checked;
                I bet it wasn't, it seem to be a
bug.
                b) Check out "system\gnome-vfs":
there should be
                "use-http-proxy" checked.

        works fine..

        cheers
        christoph

I tried that and got it to work, eventually.  I'd
done a bunch of things
with gconftool-1, gconftool-2, gconf-edit, etc. and
I'm not entirely
sure what is both necessary and sufficient to get
this to work.
Hopefully once 1.4 is out, it will be simpler to get
this working on Red
Hat 9.

-Mark Gordon

Yahoo! Plus