Re: [Evolution] problem with imap

På to , 01/05/2003 klokka 22:09, skreiv Gregor Welters:

Since I'm using a new imap-server I get perpetually errors after a few
minutes runtime of evolution 1.2.4 (I translate the messages from
german):

"Error while ping to IMAP-server xxx is aquired: Connection to server
unexpectedly lost: Connection reset by host"

after that, when trying to open a folder or email:

"Error when accessing Message xx: file or folder not found"

My server-admin says, that comes because evolution isn't correctly
shutting down it's imap-connections so it opens really a lot of them and
he had to set some limits to prevent the server from crashing or being
overburdened. He uses mulberry and has absolutely no problem...

We are using cyrus, but our last server used some other program and I
had the same problems.

Question is:
Is it a bug or a configuration problem?

I have the same too with 1.0.x - 1.2.4. When the imap (uw-imapd 2003 in
my case) server is being accessed with other clients - Mozilla, Imp in
my case.

Reckon it's a bug, it's been written about before on the list and
admitted.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw