Re: [Evolution] spamassassin & contacts

Thanks to everyone who replied.
I'm going to submit a feature request to ximian to allow filtering based
upon who's in the contacts and here's why -

spamassissin works best in daemon mode (speed). When in daemon mode, it
is recommended that users not be permitted to make their own rules
because it effectively kills the advantage of daemon mode - in that with
each message, the rules have to be re-read.

Since it is never recommended to allow users to modify a system wide
configuration file on multiuser systems (such as a family computer)
there really should be a way for users to say that they only want mail
marked as spam if spamassassin says so AND the user is not in their
contacts list.

I was able to export to a vcard and wrote a script that extracted all
the e-mail address from it and I added it to the system wide local.cf
file - I'll just have to update that once a month or so - so I'm cool,
but using the whitelist_from in spamassassin really isn't the best
solution for users who access spamassassin from daemon mode.