Re: [Evolution] encryption issues

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 18:44, Paul Hunnisett wrote:
I have been trying to get encryption and signing working with
evolution.  I have succesfully generated some keys asp er the
instructions in the evolution help.  My first test wasw to try and send
myself an encrypted and signed email - worked exactly as I would have
hoped.

I then got hold of the public key of a friend of mine.  If I send him
mail he cannot open it.  I believe he uses outlook - although he is also
using Kmail and having similar problems.

Out of the box, kmail does not support the (current) official way of
doing PGP with MIME -- it uses an older method which doesn't use MIME at
all. For a kmail plugin to support PGP/MIME, see
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html and
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/

I don't know about any other mailer -- obviously, if you have the
source, it can relatively easily be fixed. :)

--
dwmw2