Re: [Evolution] Evolution Question

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 14:41, Dennis Tuchler wrote:
Is there any difference in features between the Evolution available
generally and Ximian's Evolution?

Thanks

"generally" meaning "from cvs or tarball" or "from Linux vendors"?

We generally have more recent packages for supported platforms than the
vendors do.  I've seen packaging problems on packages from some vendors
(I won't name names), so there are cases in which our packages are not
simply more recent but superior in quality to packages from vendors.  We
package Evolution a lot more often than some of the vendors. ;-)

I don't know that we patch our Evolution packages (if we do, the patches
are in the source rpms), so our packages are theoretically the same as
what you'd get by building from source.  The build is rather tricky,
though (as evidenced by the fact that some vendors don't get it right
reliably), so you'd certainly save yourself a lot of headaches by using
our packages.

-Mark Gordon