[Evolution] Evo Trash masks IMAP Trash -- was: Confused about trash folders

I have a similar issue, but perhaps a more compelling motivation.  My IMAP server uses spamassassin and some fairly aggressive filtering for spam which moves all suspected spam to my IMAP Trash folder.  For storage limitations, I need to periodically delete the spam.  In addition, I filter rather aggressively at the server so I get periodic false positives.  This is especially true when I make changes to the filters and haven't fine-tuned it yet.  I need to be able to see my IMAP Trash folder.

I understand there are ways to do all this outside of Evolution, but I'd really like to handle it inside Evo.  One thing I tried was renaming "Trash" to "Recycling Bin" within Evo in hopes that it would un-mask my IMAP Trash folder.  No luck.

I'd also prefer to not have to rename my IMAP folder.  Every time I try to change something on my server outside of the provided web-form interface, it screws things up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jim
Mandrake 8.2