Re: [Evolution] converting .bbdb contact lists from xemacs

Thanks, I downloaded your code but I can't compile it because I don't
have "gnome-config".  Your instructions for compiling the C program are as follows:

  libtool cc -o import-vcard import-vcard.c `gnome-config --cflags --libs evolution_addressbook`

I'm running RedHat 8.0 with gnome (at least I think it is gnome) so I don't know why I don't have gnome-config.  But I'll try getting gnome-config off the web.  Also, I don't seem to have "libtool".
I guess I'll have to get that too.  Is there a  package that I should get which would include these programs?

Jack V.

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 06:18, Dan Winship wrote:
On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 18:11, Jack Veenstra wrote:
> Is there a way to add a contact to Evolution via the command line?

http://primates.ximian.com/~danw/import-vcard.c
is a quick hack I wrote to do just that a while ago. Maybe we should
suck it into the source tree...

Instructions on compiling it are at the top of the file. To use it just
do "./import-vcard FILENAME" (or just pipe a vcard to it). It will be
added to your default contacts folder.

-- Dan