Re: [Evolution] Check for new mail at startup

i guess its possible,it obviously is since you see this behaviour.

i dunno could be your servers behaviour isn't properly accounted for in
out imap code.  we already have lots of workarounds for the fact the
imap code is crap atdealing with async stuff from servers :-/  maybe a
new imap will fix it, but thats a while off yet