Re: [Evolution] Bring Back Control-U

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 07:51, Ross Burton wrote:
On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 22:36, Ed Weinberg wrote:
In the past when I wanted to delete all the text in the subject or other
fields in Evolution I used the fairly standard Control-u.  This does not
seem to work in Evo 1.4.0.

This has nothing to do with Evolution, but is rather a GTK+ 1 vs GTK+ 2
difference.  Control-u is available in the Emacs style bindings (Desktop
Prefs -> Keyboard Shortcuts iirc), but if you want Windows-style key
bindings with control-u, then add this to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0
Where can I find this "DesktopPrefs -> Keybo...." (I am using KDE and
everything else seems to use control-u)

and where can I put this, or does it already exist?
binding "ctrl-u-binding"
{
  bind "<ctrl>u" {
     "move-cursor" (paragraph-ends, -1, 0)
     "delete-from-cursor" (paragraph-ends, 1)
  }
}
class "GtkEntry" binding "ctrl-u-binding"
class "GtkTextView" binding "ctrl-u-binding"

--
Ed Weinberg <edw q5comm com>