[Evolution] Spamassassin less effective

Have others using Spamassassin noticed a drop in effectiveness?

Am using v. 2.50, spamd/spamc combo through a filter that tests for a
non-false result and, if so, moves to a spam folder.  In the beginning,
I used to tune my blacklists/whitelists a lot, but after it seemed to be
most effective, I stopped.

Did something get corrupted in my config, or is it just a matter of
getting back to manually updating my blacklists?

Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC
AIM <aalexion>
SMS <2679725536 messaging sprintpcs com>