[Evolution] Autompletion hangs??? (Was: Re: No killev or oaf-slay in evolution 1.4 / Gnome 2?)

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 16:41, Dan Winship wrote:
Thanks for the clarification.  Interestingly, I tried the
--force-shutdown switch, and it does indeed shut down the background
processes, but it leaves the evolution GUI running!

It's supposed to kill the GUI as well. If it doesn't, that would imply
that bonobo-activation-server lost track of it somehow and didn't
realize it was still running.

If this happens reliably, file a bug.

        I have never been able to kill the gui with force-shutdown since I
installed 1.3 betas and now 1.4. I even thought it was supposed to work
that way...

        Anyway I use up2dated RH9 and on this box I have also XD2 installed,
but the same thing occured before I installed it.

        Another strange thing.. I run evolution on Xvnc, because I want to use
the same desktop at home as on work. Sometimes when I start to write a
mailaddress the whole desktop hangs when it tries to autocomplete the
address. The only thing I can do is to click on the addresses, which
highlights the address, but that is the only thing which I can do on the
whole desktop. I cant't click on anything else. Not on the panels or
anything. The wholes desktop hangs.

        So this is how I found out, that the force-shutdown doesn't work on the
gui. I now use killall evolution-1.4 and after that the Xvnc-desktop

[How many parties do you think I'd be welcome ]
[at now that my whole face is sliding off?R.B.]
http://www.tonyk.eu.org/