[Evolution] Evolution and Ximian Desktop 2

Title: Evolution and Ximian Desktop 2

Hello folks!

I just took the plunge and installed Ximian Desktop 2 (XD2) on both machines at work and at home. I am running Red Hat 9. Everything looks great, except that Evolution can no longer retrieve my e-mail from my POP account with Sympatico here in Canada.

I tried this in two different machines, running on two totally different subnets, to no avail. It just hangs there trying to authenticate to the POP server. It does not send any messages saying it cannot log on to the server or something like that. IMAP works fine here at the Company though... I am sure I checked all the passwords and all that. It was working fine under Evolution 1.2.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bundle,

Carlson