Re: [Evolution] Making the switch from Outlook

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 08:11, Leon Adato wrote:

1) Can you import Outlook email (from .pst files)?

You can try the utility "libpst" to attempt to get all your stuff out of
a .PST file, but in reality, it's not going to be nice'n'easy. The best
resolution to this issue as I've seen so far is to boot into your
Windows and your Outlook environment and do the following:

1.) Install either Netscape or Mozilla
2.) Import all the email from Outlook into either Netscape Mail or
Mozilla Mail - and make a note of where the directory that holds the
email for Netscape or Mozilla is - you're going to end up either copying
this entire directory  to your linux partition for an import, or doing a
direct import from that directory into Evolution.
3.) Reboot into linux and import from the directory where you imported
from Outlook to either Netscape or Mozilla.

2) Can you syncronize Evolution to WindowsCE devices?
3) Can you syncronize Evolution to online calendars such as Yahoo?
4) Can you syncronize email between a Windows machine running Outlook
and Evolution?

Details on each question follow:

1) Can you import Outlook email (from .pst files)?
I have found two basic thoughts on this: One is to install Mozilla on
the Windows machine, let *it* convert Outlook, and then import from
there to Evolution.

This works best.

--
Wed Jun 11 08:30:00 EST 2003
 08:30:00 up 3 days, 18:21,  3 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.12, 0.06

===  ALL CSH USERS PLEASE NOTE  ========================

Set the variable $LOSERS to all the people that you think are losers.  This
will cause all said losers to have the variable $PEOPLE-WHO-THINK-I-AM-A-LOSER
updated in their .login file.  Should you attempt to execute a job on a
machine with poor response time and a machine on your local net is currently
populated by losers, that machine will be freed up for your job through a
cold boot process.