Re: [Evolution] Re: Shareing a calendar

On s?, 2003-06-08 at 10:53, Christian Borup wrote:
On s?, 2003-06-08 at 10:29, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
tis 2003-06-10 klockan 05.56 skrev Martin Skjöldebrand:
I want to share a calendar between two users on my box.
Running 1.3.92 I've failed to get it to work, and the mail archives
are
empty on the subject.

I've put the Calendar folder form ~/evolution/local/ on /opt2 and made
link to the original folder (renaming the original folder). This I did
on both accounts making sure that /opt2/evolution/local/Calendar is
chmoded 777.

Still anything entered in one account is not viewable on the other
account. What is going on here? Anyone with any success stories?

Apparently it *does* work, kind of.
I noticed this when I rebooted my computer, and the calendar info was
seen - something apparently has to be restarted for this to work as
intended.

You got lucky... You could just as well have ended up with a corrupt
file.

Wombat, the calendar backend of evolution, is not designed to
have more than one process accessing the calendar file. In fact the
Wombat is designed to be that one process that does all the accessing of
the calendar file, no matter how many frontends are running (the
frontends will mostly be evolution itself and multisync).

The easiest solution would be to set up multisync for both users, using
the remote plugin to sync the calendar files. This works for sure with
1.2.x evolution, but I don't think a multisync with 1.3.x support is out
yet. I hope it will be soon.

./borup