[Evolution] Non-Latin fonts

I am a new subscriber, so if this issue has already been addressed and
is archived somewhere, please point me in the right direction.  I didn't
see any pertinent info in the FAQ for Evolution.

I have RH 8.0 installed on my machine, and for the time being I am using
Evolution 1.0.8 for my mail program (although I am used to Pine, I
thought I would at least give Evolution a try.  I haven't made up my
mind yet if I will continue with it or not, though).

My problem is that I want to be able to send/receive email in different
character sets (i.e., Korean and/or Japanese).  I haven't tried the
Japanese yet, but with Korean, I can create a text file in Korean using
emacs - that part works okay.  But when I try to insert that Korean text
file, it comes across as gibberish.  Even if I select the Korean
character encoding in the Compose or Inbox windows, it still fails to
render the characters properly.

Anybody know how to overcome this issue?  I know that a new release of
Evolution is due out next week; will that fit the bill for my purposes?

tia

norbie

P.S.  (different subject)  I am assuming that the scripting thing for
adding a random fortune to the signature doesn't work for 1.0.8?  At
least, I haven't been able to get it to work, although I can write and
run the script just fine in an xterm...