Re: [Evolution] Blew up my Evolution

I have libgnome version 2.2.0.1-8  -  is that GNOME2?

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com

"Jean-Marc V. Liotier" <jim jipo com>
Sent by: evolution-admin lists ximian com
06/06/2003 01:54 PM ZE2
Please respond to jim

To: Evolution List <evolution lists ximian com>
cc:
bcc:
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Blew up my Evolution

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 13:43, Tom wrote: (in two separate message
aggregated here for convenience's sake)

> On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 15:52, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 14:24, tomh simas com wrote:
> >
> > > While trying to use Red-Carpet to upgrade from Evolution 1.2.2 to 1.4, my
> > > PC locked up forcing a reboot.  After rebooting I was no longer able to
> > > run Evo (I'd get a seg fault error).
> >
> > Evolution 1.4 depends on the Gnome2 environment. If you start Evolution
> > 1.4 on a system with the Gnome2 stuff missing you get a segfault at
> > Evolution startup. Don't worry, everything will be fine as soon as you
> > install Gnome2.
>
> Fixed it by rebooting to my installation CD #1, then selecting to
> install/upgrade Evolution. It said it would need some other stuff, and
> I told it to install those as
>
> How do I find out which Gnome I have?  How do I install Gnome2 if I
> don't have it?

The "other stuff" that your package manager told you you would need,
that's the Gnome2 libraries. If you look closely, there is probably a
package named libgnome2something among your installed packages.

By the way, there is no need to reboot after upgrading a couple of apps
and libraries. Don't confuse your Linux for another well known OS...