[Evolution] checking inline signatures

Hello all-  On my work machine, I have Evo 1.0.8 installed, on my laptop
1.2.4, and on my desktop 1.4RCsomething.  I've noticed that 1.0.8 can
handle verifying inline GPG signatures, but the 2 newer versions can't.
Is there a reason that functionality has been removed?  I know that
there has been a lot of requests to allow inline signing, but what about
verifying inline sigs?  It's fairly easy to do and used to work.  Does
anybody know what happened?  I'm quite new to the list, so feel free to
point me to messages in the archive that I may have missed.  I've
thumbed through the list archive and I haven't seen this discussed
recently.  Thanks.

-JL
Do they give pilots crash courses in flight school?
                -- Steven Wright