Re: [Evolution] search through all subfolders

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 02:12, Wouter van Marle wrote:
I just gave the vfolders a look, seems to be able to do the trick,
more or less.

In case I add a folder to my tree, it seems that I will have to add it
manually again to the vfolder of the same category to search through
that one as well. I can't say "local folder <scraps> with all
subfolders of that one" (where <scraps> is a second level subfolder of
my inbox).

Yep...

Besides that I don't feel like adding a few dozen folders (yes, that
subfolder has so many) manually through that poor GUI provided for the
subfolders. I have to scroll and scroll and scroll all the time to
find the one I need to add! And then be careful I don't miss one... no
it's really a good solution. More a workaround.

Well, some notes on that:

In your original post you asked for a way to search through *all* your
mails. That's easy and does not have to be updated any time.

In case you want to be able on subtrees and parent node containing all
these subtrees as well, you can create vFolders for the tree and a
"parent vFolder"! containing these vFolders. That means, you can cascade
vFolders.

To initially create this vFolders, have a look at your
~/evolution/vfolders.xml file. You can easily write it manually -- which
may be faster.

btw: To simply match all mails in a folder use "Expression" "#t" as a
boolean TRUE for any mails, rather than some workaround like "is read OR
is unread".

...guenther