Re: [Evolution] Empty trash on exit does nothing

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 16:07, Philippe wrote:
Hi,

On Evo 1.4.3 - RH9, I choosed that the trash should be emptied on exit.
It never worked for me, even on 1.4 or before.

As I can see in Bugzilla, all those bugs has been fixed.

Any idea what I can check / verify and/or try ?

[user p4 local]$ ls -l Trash/
total 4
-rw-r--r--    1 user  users     98 Oct 27 2002 folder-metadata.xml

You're taking the existence of this file to mean that the trash isn't
actually emptied?

$ ls -l folder-metadata.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 mtgordon mtgordon       98 Dec 18  2002 folder-metadata.xml
$ cat folder-metadata.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<efolder>
        <type>vtrash</type>
        <description>Trash</description>
</efolder>

Don't think of that file as trash.  Think of it as the lid on an empty
trash can.  Regardless, it's not something that's supposed to be thrown
away, and the fact that this file persists after exit is not evidence of
a bug.

-Mark Gordon