Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

Ummm.... I have no clue how to do any of what you just said  :)

Truth be told, I could probably hack something together;  but I'm trying to
come up with something that I have a need for, and that I think might be of
benefit to others (in this case, in a corporate environment).  Whatever the
Evolution team comes up with would surely be cleaner (and more stable) than
any hack that I write.

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com

                      Jeffrey Stedfast

                      <fejj ximian com>            To:       tomh simas com

                      Sent by:                     cc:       evolution lists ximian com

                      evolution-admin lists        Subject:  Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

                      .ximian.com

                      07/21/2003 03:37 PM

you should look into writing your own gtk program that swaps in/out the
appropriate %gconf.xml file in ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/ based on
the 'location' the user is in. this is what you seem to be wanting...

Jeff

tomh simas com wrote:

Well, actually, I'd still need to create the outbound accounts (ie, a
different SMTP account for each location), and assign the accounts to a
location (or to multiple locations).  If I then tell Evolution which
location I'm at, it should handle the enable/disable itself.

Ultimately what I'm after is a config file (XML, text, whatever) that I
can
distribute to my road warriors.  I think that it would be much easier to
have them click a 'Change my location' type of selection than to go thru
an
enable this account, disable that account dialog.

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com