Re: [Evolution] new user problems

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 17:17, Not Zed wrote:
[...]

1) I have a large existing MH directory hierarchy.  I use procmail to
sort mail into that hierarchy.  How do I get evolution to a) scan
the "inbox" part of that hiearchy regularaly and b) to force a scan of a
specific directory?

I think doing an expunge on the folder is the most reliable way.

I'd discovered that.  It only works if you have something to expunge.  A
method which was more then just a side effect would be preferable.

2) I don't seem to be able to use subfolders.  I have existing
subdirectories which evolution doesn't seem to see.  But even if I
create a subfolder from within evolution the next time I restart
evolution the subfolder isn't there.  Is there some magic to make this
work or is this a bug?

A bug.  It was already reported, i was supposed to look at it last week
but it skipped my mind.

As a workaround you could try selecting the 'use .folders file' in the
account receiving options for the mh thing, and then setup the .folders
file at the top level of the mh tree to include all the (relative) paths
to the folder directories.  That more or less seems to work around the
problem for me.

Thank you.  That worked.  I had tried that but with a ".folder" file at
each level of the hierarchy.  Both the spelling and the manner of use
caused evolution to not show anything in the tree.

An amusing aside is that I built the file with "find . -type d
.folders".  That created a tree in evolution with "." as its root and
everything underneath it.  Not sure that was wrong, but it wasn't what
the user probably intended.

                             mph