Re: [Evolution] new user problems

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 03:05, Michael Hunter wrote:
I'm resending this because I didn't see it come by.  I was in the process
getting on the list when I sent it (although I didn't get a bounce from
the list s/w).

The is a copy of a question I sent to users lists ximian com   It was
suggested I send the request to this list.  Note that I was pointed at
but 30973 for the second question.  I'm still interested in an answer
to #1 and any known workarounds to #2.  Thank you!

I'm a new user of evolution (1.4 on RH 9.0).  I'm having two problems
with configuring email:

1) I have a large existing MH directory hierarchy.  I use procmail to
sort mail into that hierarchy.  How do I get evolution to a) scan
the "inbox" part of that hiearchy regularaly and b) to force a scan of a
specific directory?

I think doing an expunge on the folder is the most reliable way.

2) I don't seem to be able to use subfolders.  I have existing
subdirectories which evolution doesn't seem to see.  But even if I
create a subfolder from within evolution the next time I restart
evolution the subfolder isn't there.  Is there some magic to make this
work or is this a bug?

A bug.  It was already reported, i was supposed to look at it last week
but it skipped my mind.

As a workaround you could try selecting the 'use .folders file' in the
account receiving options for the mh thing, and then setup the .folders
file at the top level of the mh tree to include all the (relative) paths
to the folder directories.  That more or less seems to work around the
problem for me.