Re: [Evolution] ~/.signature

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 21:27, guenther wrote:
As the "signature-0" is stored in GConf (only Evo 1.4.x), you even can
edit this values to make it point somewhere else (config.xmldb for Evo
1.2.x).

And that is exactly the problem, If you used an old version of
evolution and set up a .signature it might still point to that
location in a new evolution.

I honestly do *not* consider this a problem.

There was no way within Evolution 1.2.x (that is, using the GUI) to let
signatures point to other files -- as it is in 1.4.x versions. Thus, the
user decided willingly to trick out Evo and use undocumented features.

Any user, who did so, should still know that he tricked on Evo even
after upgrade.

Hope I'm not butting in but being OP I'm wondering if I'm the one you're
referring to as 'tricking' Evo?  If so, (IMO) a user doing something
with a _user_ file that no one app owns isn't what I'd consider a trick.
And editing a user file such as ~/.sig doesn't constitute an
undocumented feature.  ~/.sig is a _user_ file - not an Evo file.

If you want the story from the horse's mouth, OP said nothing about
making Evo use links for ~/.sig.  OP said Evo wiped out an existing
~/.sig link and took over the file for itself.  Uncool (IMO).

But if you weren't referring to OP, never mind...

Mike

--

mail_acct earthlink net