Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 11:26, Radek Doulík wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 18:19, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 11:38, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
Here's a feature from Eudora that I would love to see implemented in
Evolution.  Whenever replying to an e-mail, I would love to be able to
highlight a section of the original e-mail and have only the highlighted
portion appear in the reply.  That would save me having to delete large
amounts of text when I only want to reply to a single sentence or
paragraph (like in this e-mail).

This has been asked for so many times...  It should pretty trivial to
implement, we just never got around to do it.

(Or is there an issue with HTML cut & paste that makes it harder than
I'd expect it to?)

AFAICS it's doable.

If I recall correctly the problem here is that the reply logic has no
clue about the mail display, it just pulls the message from the folder
directly and it would take some fairly significant changes to the
composer code to pass that info along.  Perhaps we can keep that in mind
when doing the mailer refactoring.

--Larry