Re : [Evolution] Auto Completion

I used to be able to type the first three letters of a Contact's
nickname in the To: box of an outgoing mail and have evolution
offer to complete it.

Could be worse..  Auto-completion works for me, but crashes every
single time I try it..  *sigh*

i had/have this problem to and i found the way to
work around it is to be patient after typing the third
character. i.e. if you know the name of your contact
is "Fluffy Bunny", type "Flu" and wait for Evolution to
pop up some suggestions and then slowly type the rest
of the name on character at a time until you find
the desired contact.

i've found this method 100% successful in working around
the crash. however, if i type too many chars (>3) in succession
it will always crash evolution on the contact lookup.

however, if i type away like a mad man it always crashes
evolution when there is > 1 match on the typed characters.

i've filed a few bugs on this, but no resolution as of yet.

--
thanks,
./ted