Re: [Evolution] Sony Clie no longer recognized by gpilotd

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 22:19, Ron Hauptfleisch wrote:
I have a Clie SJ22 and I am running Evo 1.4.3 under RH 8.  I can make
my Clie work only by doing the following:
     1. Tools->Pilot Settings.    This seems to prime gpilotd.
     2. Sync the Clie.  It will fail, but don't interrupt it or you
        will have to do this step over.
     3. Sync the Clie.  This time it will work.
This behavior totally repeatable, 100% of the time.

The Clie also behaved this way under the previous version of
Evolution.

I don't have a Clie, but I do have an m105. Same problem. Here's what I
did:

     1. If you have it, run the gpilot applet.
     2. If not, kill all instances of gpilot and then just run gpilot
        manually from xterm (or whatever you're using) every time you
        need to sync your Clie. The kill it when you're done.

Well, at least thats what worked for me. I know number 2 is kind of
hard, but you could always used option 1. ;)