Re: [Evolution] imap server errors when sending mail.

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 13:01, Dan Winship wrote:
I am using imap with a MS Exchange Server to view my mail. I leave the
mail on the server.

OK, lots of people use Evolution with Exchange, so the "your IMAP server
is broken" scenario seems unlikely.

Occasionally, I get error messages when sending mail.  A pop up window
with something  like "an error occured but message was sent ok".

That generally means an error appending to the Sent Items folder.

(evolution:5696): camel-imap-provider-WARNING **: Unexpected response
from IMAP server: Subject: BAD Protocol Error: "Unidentifiable command
specified"

That's saying that evolution sent a command with the tag "Subject:" that
it didn't recognize. Sounds like evo is sending the message body when
the server is expecting a command.

oh, wow... I missed that. and the NOOP is complaining about a "From:"
command (which of course doesn't exist).

interesting...

I wonder if perhaps it's failing to notice that the server said "NO"
rather than "+ continue". Is there any reason why appending the message
would fail? Do you have quotas turned on on your Exchange server and are
you near quota?

actually, I bet it got disconnected and then reconnected and it got
out-of-sync. notice that the tag is pretty low (11) which barely gives
it enough commands to capa/login/list/lsub/etc unless he doesn't have
many folders I guess.

Anyway, showing more of the debug output (back to the APPEND command)
would help.

yes, this would be useful

Jeff

-- Dan