Re: [Evolution] filters.xml

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 06:16, Not Zed wrote:

I'm impressed (well, surprised) evolution's filtering stuff would
adequately replace procmail, tho i guess it depends on the case.

Well, I'm not sure that it's adequate yet. I'm testing with a small
subset of my procmail filters, and it does seem to be rather slow.

I'm trying to find a way to have mail notification (or at least have the
new message count and bold font appear) whenever new messages appear in
a number of mailboxes. Evo doesn't update automatically for local
folders, and I keep having to manually check five or so different boxes
for new mail.

Also note that evo can't yet use a script as a filter (i.e. the script
can't alter the message), only as a test.

Already noted. This is a shortcoming, but not really for me. Luckily the
scripts I'm using can all do their job by checking the return code.

If altering the message were necessary, I guess one could get really
sneaky and have the script do the alteration and re-submit the message
to the mail spool and dump the unaltered version in /dev/null. The
filter system could be set up to recognize the modified message second
time around and deal with it appropriately.