Re: [Evolution] How to sort by label?

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 20:29, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:
On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 07:47, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
...  Vfolders -- IMO Evolution's best unique feature -- work much
better for me in a situation where I want to easily group labels or
other characteristics.  ...

Sorry to be pedantic, but this isn't a feature unique to or new in Evo.
It first appeared, to my knowledge, in CDE's "DtMail" application, there
called "Views".  I'm addicted to them to help me sort through my email
in the morning, so I can deal with important customer emails quickly
first, and then read through all mail to different email alias topics
later, in little groups.

Just dont let marketing hear you say it :)

Someone told me about something called Rome, i think, from memory(?),
some Solaris product, years ago, which also had views.

It was the fact that Evo had vfolders, so I could migrate my Views rules
over and still use that functionality, that sold me on Evolution over
all the other mail clients available to me under Gnome. =O)

Good to hear it proved adequate in that regard.

As to the original question, no, unfortunately you can't sort on label,
you can only sort on things which can be set as columns in the view.
Its something we should probably remember to add for 1.6.