Re: [Evolution] How to sort by label?

Yu-Hui Calvin Liu wrote:

Hi, there,

I can give each mail a label, something like "important", "to do",
"work" etc. This will highlight that mail with different colors. But I
can't sort mails by label, so I have to use the scroll bar to find them
in thread panel.

Did I miss something?

Calvin,

You may or may not be able to sort -- I've never tried -- but you can set up vfolders for the different labels you use. For instance, I have a filter that flags Red Hat Errata Alerts (emails advising of available system updates) as they arrive, and a vfolder set up that filters for that flag. Vfolders -- IMO Evolution's best unique feature -- work much better for me in a situation where I want to easily group labels or other characteristics. They, vfolders, are like saved filters that appear as folders. A message satisfying multiple vfolder definitions will appear in all of those vfolders. When working with messages in a vfolder, you are working with the message itself, not a copy.

--

Art Alexion