[Evolution] Gpilotd Crash - Zire - Evolution 1.2.4

I recently wrote about difficulties in synchronizing a Handspring Visor
on Mandrake 9.1 with Evolution 1.4.  On a different computer running
Evolution 1.2.4 and Mandrake 9.1, I am having problems synchronizing a
Palm Zire.  This Zire previously had no problems in synchronizing, and
is now crashing when synchronizing addresses.

If I only use the address conduit, the synchronization begins, however
it stalls after 10-11 records.  Below are the two different error
messages that I am receiving.  During synchronization, I receive one of
the two error messages, but not both.  I am able to use pilot-xfer, and
a few addresses are pushed from the pilot to the desktop, but after 10
or 11 entries, the gpilotd fails.

Since the Zire and 1.2.4 worked so well, I believe that it is a minor
configuration issue that I have overlooked.

Sincerely,
Walt

ERROR MESSAGE #1
[jp localhost jp]$ gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.71 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.7
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Watching Zire (/dev/usb/tts/1)
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=9600

gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Connection timed out

gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs
gpilotd-Message: Exiting (caught SIGINT)...

ERROR MESSAGE #2

[jp localhost jp]$ gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.71 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.7
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Watching Zire (/dev/usb/tts/1)
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=9600
gpilotd-Message: Cradle Zire has 0 events
gpilotd-Message: Instantiating 3 conduits...
ecalconduit-Message: in calendar's conduit_get_gpilot_conduit

etodoconduit-Message: in todo's conduit_get_gpilot_conduit

eaddrconduit-Message: in address's conduit_get_gpilot_conduit

gpilotd-Message: Instantiated 0 backup conduits, 0 file conduits, 3
other
conduits
gpilotd-Message: HotSync button pressed, synchronizing pilot
gpilotd-Message: Pilot ID is 502, name is MyPilot, owner is JP
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in restore queue
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in conduit queue
gpilotd-Message: Using conduit settings for sync...
eaddrconduit-Message:

eaddrconduit-Message: pre_sync: Addressbook Conduit v.0.1.2
eaddrconduit-Message:   Current URI
file:///home/jp/evolution/local/Contacts/addressbook.db
(file:///home/jp/evolution/local/Contacts/addressbook.db)

eaddrconduit-Message:     doing fast sync

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['A' 'Test' '']

eaddrconduit-Message: add_record: adding ['A' 'Test' ''] to desktop

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Bick' 'Paula'
'']

eaddrconduit-Message:   matched

eaddrconduit-Message: Syncable
eaddrconduit-Message: replace_record: replace ['' '' ''] with ['Bick'
'Paula' '']

eaddrconduit-WARNING **: replace_record: failed to update card in ebook

eaddrconduit-Message: set_status_cleared: clearing status

eaddrconduit-Message: free_match: freeing

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Blue M.D.'
'Genevieve' '']

eaddrconduit-Message:   matched

eaddrconduit-Message: Syncable
eaddrconduit-Message: replace_record: replace ['' '' ''] with ['Blue,
M.D.' 'Genevieve' '']

eaddrconduit-WARNING **: replace_record: failed to update card in ebook

eaddrconduit-Message: set_status_cleared: clearing status

eaddrconduit-Message: free_match: freeing

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Bloom' 'Andy'
'Bloom & Co.']

eaddrconduit-Message:   matched

eaddrconduit-Message: Syncable
eaddrconduit-Message: replace_record: replace ['' '' ''] with
['Bloom' 'Andy' 'Bloom & Co.']

eaddrconduit-WARNING **: replace_record: failed to update card in ebook

eaddrconduit-Message: set_status_cleared: clearing status

eaddrconduit-Message: free_match: freeing

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Bynum, M.D.' ''
'']

eaddrconduit-Message:   matched

eaddrconduit-Message: Syncable
eaddrconduit-Message: replace_record: replace ['' '' ''] with
['Bynum,M.D.' '' '']

GLib-ERROR **: could not allocate -4 bytes
aborting...
Aborted