Re: [Evolution] Error sending mail after upgrading to 1.4.0

OK I understand.

Since theres not an easy way to get it solved unless
someone make a glibc rpm updated without the bug.
What is the painless method to downgrade evolution,
without lossing any mail?
I want to use my old 1.0.8 that works fine (I suddenly
 didn´t remember why I wanted to upgrade)
or whichever version that don´t get affected by the
bug.

Thanks

Fernando
--- Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com> wrote:
your symptoms are the same as a few other users who
are suffering from a
bug in glibc 2.3.2 where the gethostbyaddr_r()
function fulls the
hostname string with garbage (sometimes with \n's)
and so when Evolution
sends the EHLO <hostname> command, it unknowingly
sends a \n or 2 and
gets the client and server out of sync.

unfortunately we have no idea how to work around
this glibc bug :-(

Jeff

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 09:39, Fernando J. Andrade