Re: [Evolution] IMAP rewrite

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 16:29, Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 22:47, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On the other hand, we have decided to not add any new features to
Evolution until a stable GNOME 2 port gets released; so these changes
need to be postponed until then as well.

Of course, this doesn't mean that the work can't start now. :-)

Or that I can't use them at least myself :)

If we start throwing in ideas for a better IMAP implementation, we
should probably consider the issues with the current offline support as
well?..

What problems does it have? I don't need offline support myself, though.

Well, there is not fine-grained enough control on the caching, and also
the caching only happens when you switch to offline mode.  Overall the
interface feels quite clunky.

It would be nicer if caching just happened automatically for all your
messages in the background, so you don't have to think about it, and you
could define criteria for which mails should be synced.

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>