Re: [Evolution] Brave or stupid

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 16:07, Mark Gordon wrote:
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 16:44, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
So I decided to install (using a different --prefix) and run Evoluton
1.3.  Why?  Who knows.  Anyway, it won't start up.  I get this message:

libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Unable to create ~/.gnome directory: Bad address
Could not create per-user gnome configuration directory `(null)': Bad
address

1) Maybe a gnome-vfs issue?

Even though I am a KDE desktop user, I use several gnome apps.  All the
other gnome2 apps I use run fine.  Of course, I have no idea which, if
any, use gnome-vfs.

2) Maybe a side effect of the different prefix?

Could be, but it is set to the default /usr/local (whereas I have
1.2.1.99 installed in /usr).  I would think that would work.  Maybe I'll
try it in /usr later this week.

3) Maybe 1.3 isn't far enough along yet to make it worth the trouble?
;-)

I saw a screen shot.  Doesn't that mean that it's stable. ;-)

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger