Re: [Evolution] Brave or stupid
- From: Lonnie Borntreger <email borntreger com>
- To: Evolution List <evolution lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Brave or stupid
- Date: 29 Jan 2003 01:38:57 -0600
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 16:07, Mark Gordon wrote:
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 16:44, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
So I decided to install (using a different --prefix) and run Evoluton
1.3. Why? Who knows. Anyway, it won't start up. I get this message:
libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Unable to create ~/.gnome directory: Bad address
Could not create per-user gnome configuration directory `(null)': Bad
1) Maybe a gnome-vfs issue?
Even though I am a KDE desktop user, I use several gnome apps. All the
other gnome2 apps I use run fine. Of course, I have no idea which, if
any, use gnome-vfs.
2) Maybe a side effect of the different prefix?
Could be, but it is set to the default /usr/local (whereas I have
220.127.116.11 installed in /usr). I would think that would work. Maybe I'll
try it in /usr later this week.
3) Maybe 1.3 isn't far enough along yet to make it worth the trouble?
I saw a screen shot. Doesn't that mean that it's stable. ;-)
] [Thread Prev