[Evolution] Connector on Gentoo?

Hello,

I couldn't find out this info anywhere, and I have waited a week after
filling out the web help request with no reply.

I would like to use the connector package to connect to my exchange
server.

I am running Gentoo 1.4_rc2 and evolution-1.2.1

Am I able to download and install it without using the Red-Carpet system
/ or will the Red-Carpet system have any issues with my Gentoo system?

I would much prefer to not install the Red-Carpet system to install it
if possible...

Thanks!
-p