Re: [Evolution] Q: MH folder views not updating [1.2.1]?

Hey Phil.

This is the nature of MH folders. There indexing isn't very nice when
multiple programs are scanning them.

I had the same issue. What I ended up doing was using Evo to get the
mail and dumping them into new folders.

I'm assuming you use fetchmail, procmail, rcvstore to store the mail. I
quit using those and can still use the cmdline by resetting Path in
.mh_profile to "Path: /home/lance/evolution/local/". Then I set a bash
alias for folders to: alias folders='folders -recurse | grep "/mbox"'

That way, evo gets the mail, updates the mh index itself so it knows new
mail and holds the msg numbers.

The order I did was, turn off fetchmail, create new folders and with the
folder properties, set them as MH folders, move all the old mh mail into
the new folders first. Use packf to export all the MH mail in a folder
to a file. Then import (File->Import) the single file to the MH Folder
in Evo. You have to do this for each folder you want to save.

Once all the old mail is imported, you can set up evo to collect that
mail. The only issue I still have is that when I want to use cmdline to
view the mail I have to append "/mbox" to the cfolder option. (i.e: scan
+folder/mbox 10).

I also had to recreate all my procmail recipies as filters in Evo. All
in all, I'm happy with the system. Evo is much nicer to use then exmh
was, and all my mail is MH still so I am not limited when ssh'ing in.

HTH,
lance