Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.2: syncing a pilot-like device

Etienne
A suggestion, from someone who recently struggled (and succeeded)
with the same issues on a Visor handspring.

First, If you already have lots of stuff in you clie,
make sure you have an up-to-date synchronization on some other device.

Second: in Evolution, click Tools:Pilot Settings.A "Pilot Link" window will appear.
Do you see an entry for your clie? If not, use the Add button to create one. In either case,
select the entry, then click on Edit..., which brings up the "Pilot Settings" window.

The next step is the crucial one, and confused me for quite a while: click on "Send to pilot".
This should set the ID on your clie, and then everything should work. Be sure that you have
the device settings correct. This is done in the "Devices" tab of "Pilot Link". For my Visor,
the following settings worked:
Name: Cradle
Port: /dev/ttyUSB1
Speed: 57600
Timeout: 2
Type: USB (this is different from some documentation I saw).

Good luck!
Steve
--
Steven P. Auerbach <steven p auerbach saic com>
SAIC