Re: [Evolution] Problem Recv. POP3 Mail

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 04:08, Stephen H Carbin wrote:

I'm considering that now. Does anyone here have any recommendations on a
good web-host provider in the States (obviously that supports Evolution)

Yes: Pair Networks (http://www.pair.com/) does a fantastic job for a
quite reasonable price. With their Advanced level of shared hosting and
higher you can get a fairly comprehensive scripting environment (CGI,
Perl, PHP, GNU tools); they use Qmail which is great, and even better
you can write your own .qmail files (once you learn their particular
dialect). From all appearances they have good connectivity to the
backbone.

They are not using Courier IMAP which gives Evolution problems (we
discussed this and a workaround about a week ago), but that's not a
factor for you as this *is* a thread about POP3

This is obviously way off topic; if you'd care for details just drop me
a line.

No, I don't work for them. I *outsourced* hosting to them. So far I'm a
happy customer.

Andrew

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd

Australia +61 4 1079 6725  North America +1 646 270 5376

andrew operationaldynamics com au