Re: [Evolution] Filtering out duplicate messages

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 23:17, William X Walsh wrote:
On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 20:02, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 22:49, William X Walsh wrote:
On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 18:08, simran wrote:
Personally i think the evolution team is making a very sensible
decision.

If the "feature" were include, i can just image the emails on this
list... with people complaining about mailings going missing etc...

Again, NOT a reason to not include a feature.  You just tell them, and
include in a FAQ, that they made the decision to activate the feature.

Actually, it's a damn GOOD reason to not include the feature.

Sorry, Jeff, but this just sounds like a cop out to me, and nothing but
a justification for the "This is the way it should be done" type
mentality that many open source software developers use to try to force
people to do it their way or not use "their" software.

You are free to contact sales ximian com and make an argument as to why
Ximian should implement this feature. If they are persuaded by your
argument (hint: they listen mostly to $$$ *chuckle*), then they will
pass it along to me.

We'll also consider patches, if that is the method you prefer.

I consider this the end of the thread as there's nothing else I can
offer and further debate won't get anyone anywhere.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.