Re: [Evolution] Threading

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 22:42, Eric Lambart wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 12:51, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

That's my understanding, too.  Am I the only one who finds that
Evolution has amnesia when it comes to threading preferences (but
remembers sorting, column, and some other preferences)?

For the record, I am using RH 7.2/kernel 2.4-21/running under
Windowmaker, if it matters.

I doubt you are the only one.  I almost never shut off my computer, and
really only shut down Evolution when it crashes (sometimes once a week,
sometimes 3x in a day).  But anytime I run a 'killev' and restart
Evolution, it has forgotten either my threading preferences (doesn't
happen toooo often), my "Hide Read Messages" settings (pretty much every
time), or _something_.

First, its funny that you lose the "Hide Read Messages" settings,
because that setting seems to "stick".  I seem to always lose the
Threading preference.

Obviously killing Evolution is a rather 'rude' way to close the program
(well, it freezing while talking to my IMAP server is rude, too!), so I
don't expect everything to be perfect when I restart.

I've had very few crashes of Evolution while it is running.  (My ISP
does not support IMAP.)  My problem is that it rarely finishes shutting
down.  The little "Evolution is exiting" box usually lasts forever (the
only times it doesn't is when an evolution component crashes, and I have
to restart).  During a "normal" shutdown, I have to "killev".
Otherwise, while the "Evolution is exiting" box remains up, I can't
restart.

Seems I lose the settings no matter which way I exit.

Hmmm... just my 2c.  I've got RH 7.1, kernel 2.4.18, with Sawfish,
though I can't imagine the window manager could have anything to do with
it.

Eric
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>