Re: [Evolution] Euro sign in Evi 1.2

lør, 2003-01-11 kl. 18:03 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:

I also saw underscores when my font was an iso-8859-1 font, but then I
changed over to the iso-8859-15 fonts and now it displays just fine.

I have a Norwegian (o.k., so Weegies aren't in the EU, so what?) XFree86
4.2.something PC with nn_NO locale, ISO iso-8859-15 defined and so on,
but the only place I van get the Euro sign is in OpenOffice.org. Evo
gives underlines, Gedit gives 1/2 signs etc. Therefore, I have to write
MS Word 2000, 97, 6 etc docs to get it.

Quite another thing, is that 7-bit ASCII does not support the Euro. So
that if I don't sent 8-bit or html-encoded shit, no one can see it
anyway. My ISP (I can send 8 bit, but get smtp mailkicks back from him
via his mailstore) confiscates all 8-bit stuff, 'cos it's supposed o be
anti-rfc 822 and thus promotes terrorism, and Spamassassin here throws
all pure html into the cesspit.

Beginning of around 1998, when the Euro was introduced for trading, it
dropped from parity to $US 0,84-5-6 within 4-5 months or so, cost me a
bomb on vacation in Norway. Now it's zooming, $1.04 per Euro and rising.

I suggest that the Ximian hackers urge the American Standards
Association to replace the dollar sign with the Euro sign and make it 7
bit.

How about Australian Euros, New Zealand Euros, Canadian Euros etc?

What's the sign for a Rand (Suydafrika)? A Zloty? A Roubel? Don't people
want them?

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw