Re: [Evolution] Follow up Flags

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:28, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 12:12, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 07:22, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
I have been trying to take advantage of the "Follow up Flag" feature to
manage my email.  I was surprised that a Follow up Flag did not create a
task.

     1. Why not?

because it wasn't possible to code

Hey, nothing is *impossible* to code.  :)

At some point we should have at least alarms that fire up when the
follow-up is due; I am pretty sure we have a bug about this in Bugzilla.

Now a really cool gui thing would be:

Click a message and drag and drop it on the task folder in the tree.
This triggers a dialog box which would allow setting the follow up and
alarm functions.

Personally, I see no reason to combine calendars and task lists with a
mail client, but if you are going to, then take full advantage of it.
This would also mean dragging and dropping a calendar date onto a
contact to cue a meeting notice email, etc.  Maybe Evolution 2.5 ;-{!>
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC