Re: [Evolution] Wish: Important Messages Protected

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:11, Lane P. Lester wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:31, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 08:34, Lane P. Lester wrote:
If a message is important to you and you toggle the Important flag, it
would be very nice if that protected the message from being deleted
until the Important flag is taken off. This would allow you to look at
a bunch of messages in a folder, mark some for later consideration,
Select All, and then delete the unimportant ones.

Hm, wouldn't this behavior be confusing?  I don't think I have ever seen
any app where a "Move to Trash" operation on an object gets silently
ignored in virtue of a flag on the object...
I suggested it because, in my Windows days, I enjoyed exactly that
feature in The Bat, a very powerful email client. The function was
called Parking. If a message was parked, it could not be deleted. It
was a simple toggle, just as I described. I really miss that feature,
but I guess if you've never used it, you probably can't appreciate its
utility. [smile]

Ah yes.  There are several such features in Eudora (my mailer from the
Windows days) that I never expect to see implemented in Evolution for
the same reason.

Actually, I can very much see the utility of what you suggest, but the
addition of an extra "parked" flag is something they're even less likely
to implement than the extension of "follow-up" or "important" flags for
a similar purpose

Eric

--
This message was created in a Microsoft-free computing environment.