Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [Evolution] kernel 2.5 and evolution]]

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:19, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Mika,

By the way, your patch is included in Debian unstable
[liborbit0-0.5.17-5]:

      Please get rid of this patch

Sorry but I'm not the maintainer. :-)

 - it is an horrible, gross hack - and it
should have a fairly nasty performance / stability impact on evo. [AFAIR] as it
progressively starves it of file descriptors.

I don't see how. The code is executed only on the server side  right
after accept(). getpeername() will return a zero path anyway, since the
client side socket is not bound. As far as I can see the patch makes no
difference whatsoever. I think it's a valid workaround for the Linux 2.5
bug.

        MikaL